The moment you decide to live together in the owner’s home, the other partner can buy in. Then, as it were, part of the house is transferred ownership and 2% transfer tax is due.
This share can also be financed with a mortgage. Then you both are in the mortgage deed. In such a situation it is advisable to make agreements about the (surplus) value.
The contribution of your own money may also originate from a gift from the parents. This contribution can also be subscribed to under the above rules. Certainly because the parents may wish to use this money in a certain way, the following considerations are made for them:
- What should happen at death? To whom do I wish to leave the money?
- Who can benefit from the interest donations?
- How do I wish to deal with a donation in case of a relationship break?
- Do I want to provide the donation under an exclusion clause?
- Knowing what maximum mortgage you can get when you live together?
- With the calculation tool below you immediately get an indication of your maximum mortgage.
You can also use this tool if you are not in permanent employment or working as an entrepreneur/freelancer. More information about applying for a mortgage as an entrepreneur?